Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The beginning


I started the point system with Weight watchers and I think this is going to be difficult for the first couple of weeks. I ran out of points on Sunday and I was hungry.
I went to bed starving, but today is Tuesday and it is starting to kick in.. I am eating low point items.. 1 or 2 and thus, I can get more of a quantity of food...by eating soups and salads
and things like that... BUT  no one can live my salad alone...So I am going to have to get creative.. since I am working on my weight.. I think about food a lot more than I used too.

Here is a receipe that I tried last night...you can modify it to your taste, but remember the points..Adding too much may change the points on the item.


This is what I ate last night  and took to work-  1 point per cup    

TACO SOUP

5 cans of beans of any type - I am not crazy about that many beans so this is what is used (only three cans - but you can do what you want)

 - 1 can garbanzo

 - 1 can black beans

 - 1 can of pinto beans cooked with onions

- 1 can of sweet corn

- 1 can mushrooms (you can leave that out if you want - i like veggies...)

- 1 can of diced tomatos

- 1 can of diced green chilis

add

1 season packet of ranch dressing - hidden valley

1 season packet of taco season

---- (of course I had to add flair - so I did it a little differently) what I did

was added

 1 season pack of fiesta ranch dressing - hidden valley

1 seasoning packet of taco season

1 seasoning packet of onion soup mix

dump everything in and it looks really strange, but you can add a little water if it is too thick

for you... cook for a while and serve..  Make sure you heat everything through..

I was concerned that it would be a little too salty.. due to all the seasoning packets.. but it was just fine.


PRETTY GOOD!! and IT SMELLS GREAT.

No comments: